Sunday, August 2, 2009

End of an era

GrodsCorp, bastion of groupthink and bizarre sexual fetishes (fleshlights and pegging, anyone?) is dead. The Editor, AKA Scott, has taken leave to India and has shut down every leftist's favourite blog. It's rather depressing to see a stalwart of the lefty blogging community suddenly vanish. It's like a relative who's killed in freak pegging accident-there's an empty space that could only be filled with tap, fleshlight jokes and Brigit and Bron's excellent posts on American politics and Australian racism. Whatever Ant, Brigit, Bron and Jason get up to in the future, it will never replace what was lost.

Thankfully, now in my blogroll I can address Scott by his assigned military identity: Field Marshal Theodore Editor.

Cross-posted here, here, here, here and here.

13 comments:

cosmicjester said...

Your web address is kinda redundant now.

Keri said...

Are you going to whore that post everywhere, Iain?

Anonymous said...

My response to the news Here

Private 'Baldrick' Tom said...

**looks at url**

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!1!!!!11

Ah, well. GrodsCorp will still live on in spirit, and in podcasts.

Iain-I was going to leave a snarky comment about providing some links to back up your claims, before I realised that Scott didn't so much mummify GrodsCorp as he set it on fire and cast the ashes to the blogosphere.

Keri-I'm not so much annoyed (at all, in fact) by Iain's tactics as I am puzzled as to why he picks a blog nobody goes to to pimp himself.

Anonymous-If you want to discuss beards, please leave your links at Hall's blog.

Iain Hall said...

Tom
I left the link here for your benefit

cosmicjester said...

^^^

How considerate.

Private 'Baldrick' Tom said...

What do y'all think of the new sub-heading?

cosmicjester said...

You luv your grods, pity the whole thing isnt archived. Looking at random posts throughout the years was
a reasonably amusing distraction.

Private 'Baldrick' Tom said...

Thank Ceiling Cat for Google cache. Even so, I'd still rather Editor pull a Lefty or a Phoenix, and simply NOT delete all those wonderful posts.

And btw-this marks the 10th comment; the most comments on any of my posts. Disappointing-I thought it would happen on a TAP post.

Iain Hall said...

Tom
What do y'all think of the new sub-heading?
I think that you are better than that actually and a big boy like you should get out of the shadows of other bloggers and be prepared to shine in your own right.Perhaps now would be a good time to move to WordPress as we discussed previously

cosmicjester said...

@Tom, I think the most number of comments my blog got was when Blair sent his winged monkeys after me for gasp calling him a nickname.

Get that delightful Graeme Bird over here if you really want to see comment numbers fly.

Private 'Baldrick' Tom said...

Iain-I dunno. If you'd care for a metaphor, all the big kids are on their mountain bikes, and I've only just moved from tricycle to training wheels.

CJ- **cracks knuckles**

JF Beck is so creepy he'd make Mr. Baldy shit himself.

How's that?

Anonymous said...

PrivateCams

Fotzen Cams

Webcam Erotikchat