Friday, August 1, 2008

A ghost town of a blog

Holy Cr*p. I've just realised that just over 2 months ago, on July 26, on my original blog (before dropping it in favour of a new email addi), I made my first post. Since then, 40 or so posts later, I've had...11 comments. 6 were between me and everybody's favourite Hannibal Lector-eqsue intellectual Iain Hall, and another was a test to make sure the comment system was working. Surely it's taken less time for other bloggers to gather a minor audience? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm no more boring then the wingnuts on A Wackjob's Habitat (at least I don't pick the same political opponents to blame), and certainly more philosophical. My blog isn't a total circle jerk like it is on every conservative blog in existence, or Commie Groupthinking like on progressive blogs. Just a classic Leftist, winging on how he isn't very popular. KG will be thrilled, I'm sure.

5 comments:

cosmicjester said...

hey i made lieutenant, kick ass

you change to haloscan to make your blog more comment friendly, the blogger comment thing is annoying by itself

Anonymous said...

Start leaving more comments elsewhere other than the usual suspects (eg Grods, Lefty).

And good that you've changed the commenting system -- now I, for one, will be able to leave comments.

Keep trying, don't give up, 20 push-ups now!

Anonymous said...

Lose the comments verification thing ,it is useless and a pain to all commentators.
Oh and are you scared of me or something?
If you had real smarts about your blogging you would make your blog visually more interesting, I only come here for a bit of sport.
try some pictures and some light and shade in what you write about, every post spewing hate for we conservatives makes for a very dull blog.

Private 'Baldrick' Tom said...

"Oh and are you scared of me or something?"
If I was scared of you I wouldn't respond to every comment you write.

"If you had real smarts about your blogging you would make your blog visually more interesting..."
I'd rather have an average-looking blog and interesting posts then vice-versa.

"every post spewing hate for we conservatives makes for a very dull blog."
I've written about 40 posts, 2 of which attack conservatives (Bolt and Kennett). Neither was 'hatred' (just an immense dislike, yes there is a difference) and certainly isn't "every post".

Where would you ultra-conservatives be without your beloved strawman?

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have an average-looking blog and interesting posts then vice-versa.
Your page is far too green, it is hard to see where each post begins and ends, You blog definitely has a LESS than average appearance. change some of the page parameters and your blog will function better even with your current writing.