Saturday, September 27, 2008

Latest BOW update

For better or for worse, a solid, if somewhat uneventful Battle of Wellington today. We rallied under General Debbie of the Battalion of Radical Women, firing several a few dozen rounds of rhyming slogans against the fundies in the opposing trenches (read: sidewalk across the road).

However, what was interesting was an anti-abortion poster I saw on my way to the rally. It was called 'Voices 4 voiceless' or something similar. When I saw the title, I could feel my irony meter pounding against the inside of my skull. That's probably because
Fetuses don't have voices because they have neither voiceboxes, lungs, identifiable mouth structures, brains, brain activity or anything else that makes them an actual human being and not a translucent sack of stem cells.
Thank-you anti-choice movement for giving yourselves a name that entirely proves the point of your opposing ideology.


Sorry. I needed to get that out of my system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the National Party (whose ideology equates to one soggy pear and a tangerine) drones claimed that foetuses feel pain. Obviously the chap is way ahead of his time, with all no neurological evidence to support his claim.