Friday, July 11, 2008

Better then the original

(if you have no interest in Michael Jackson, I’d suggest you go to another blog)

For the uninformed (ie all of you), I am a major Michael Jackson fan. I have almost all of his CDs and DVDs, save for a few albums from when he was a kid and with the Jackson 5. Naturally, this lead me to buy one of his ‘best of’ albums. In this case it was The Essential Michael Jackson album.

And, I can tell you, for a 2-disk ‘best of’, it was sh*t. What kind of sicko puts Rockin’ Robin and The Girl Is Mine onto a best of? So I set out to produce a rival album: The Ultimate Michael Jackson. Away with cr*p like the aforementioned songs. Away with Bad and ABC (how that mediocre pop was so popular I just don’t know). In with Liberian Girl, Give in to Me and Tabloid Junkie (three fantastic and criminally underrated songs).

I’ve also greatly improved the covers. Look at Essential:



Utterly sh*thouse. Look at what I’ve done (inspired by the multi-covers on Number Ones):



And, most importantly of all, the song line up:

Essential:
Disc one
  1. I Want You Back
  2. ABC
  3. The Love You Save
  4. Got to Be There
  5. Rockin' Robin
  6. Ben
  7. Blame It on The Boogie
  8. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
  9. Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough
  10. Off the Wall
  11. Rock with You
  12. She's Out of My Life
  13. Can You Feel It
  14. The Girl Is Mine
  15. Billie Jean
  16. Beat It
  17. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
  18. Human Nature
  19. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
  20. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
  21. Thriller

Disc two:

  1. Bad
  2. The Way You Make Me Feel
  3. Man in the Mirror
  4. Dirty Diana
  5. Another Part of Me
  6. Smooth Criminal
  7. Leave Me Alone
  8. Black or White
  9. Remember the Time
  10. In the Closet
  11. Who Is It
  12. Heal the World
  13. Will You Be There
  14. You Are Not Alone
  15. Earth Song
  16. They Don't Care About Us
  17. You Rock My World


Ultimate:

Disk 1:

1. Ain’t no sunshine
2. I’ll be there
3. Music and me
4. I want you back
5. The love you save
6. Sugar Daddy
7. When I come of age
8. I wanna be where you are
9. Life of the party
10. Blame it on the boogie
11. Shake your body
12. Don’t stop til you get enough
13. Rock with you
14. Workin’ day and night
15. Off the wall
16. Billie Jean
17. Beat it
18. Thriller
19. Human Nature
20. PYT
21. Can you feel it

Disk 2:
1. I just can’t stop loving you
2. Liberian Girl
3. Man in the mirror
4. Dirty Diana
5. Smooth Criminal
6. Heal the world
7. In the closet
8. Give in to me
9. They don’t care about us
10. Scream
11. Tabloid junkie
12. Stranger in Moscow
13. Earth Song
14. Fall again
15. You rock my world
16. We’ve had enough

No comments: