Saturday, July 26, 2008

The tide is turning-and not in our favour

We had the 3rd Battle of Wellington today. For the uninitiated, each Battle features two protests; one campaigning to close the Fertility Control Clinic, (called the Helpers of God's Precious Infants, aka HOGPI) and the counter protest, led by the Radical Women. The first protest that I attended features several soldiers and officers from the GrodsMilitary, and there were dozens at the least.

Sadly, such a high turn out did not prevail for subsequent battles. During my 2nd Battle, only 11-12 people turned up, and today we were a mere 6. This wouldn't be so irritating if the anti-life/abortion protesters' numbers were also dwindling, but sadly that isn't the case:

Them:
Us:
Guess which group looks like it has popular support,and which looks like the crazed nutters?

So, to everybody reading this (I have the suspicion however that I'm the only one), here are the details:

When: Every last Saturday of the month, 10-11/12 in the morning (usually just 10-11)
Where: 118 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
Bring: yourself, maybe a sign, and a voice box that can shout slogans for an hour.

1 comment:

Keri said...

It's going to be hard for me to make it until mid-November, but if you still need me after that, I'm in.